[Pythonmac-SIG] cls in the IDE

Christopher Smith csmith@blakeschool.org
Sat, 02 Feb 2002 17:08:02 -0600

I believe this issue has been addressed on the Windows/Unix? systems
but it perisists as far as I can tell on the Mac: how to clear the
output window.

I have been poking around in the code for the Mac's IDE and found the
place that clears the screen of the output window.  In order to
issue a clear screen command I think that one would simply need a
module like this:

def cls():
	import PyConsole
	PyConsole.PyOutput.clearbuffer(X)

where X is the instance of the PyOutput window...which I don't
know how to get.  Can anyone help me here?  The actual error I
get when trying to execute a PyConsole.PyOutput.clearbuffer()
command is

unbound method clearbuffer() must be called with PyOutput
instance as first argument (got NoneType instance instead).

I see that in PythonIDEMain there is the command

PyConsole.installoutput()

which I assume creates the output window.  If so, am I doomed
because the instance information has not been stored anywhere?

Thanks for any assistance.

/c