[Pythonmac-SIG] Tkinter support for Carbon - I give up.

Chris Barker Chris.Barker@noaa.gov
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 08:28:55 -0800

Jack Jansen wrote:
> There is a third possibility: that MacPython 2.3 has limited
> support for classic PPC: a ClassicPythonInterpreter only, no
> support (or limited support) for a classic IDE and other
> goodies. This will mean that IDE development can go fully Carbon
> and not be hampered by classic, while people who want to run
> occasional Tkinter scripts can still do so.

I think this is a good option. tkInter never played well with the IDE anyway.

Don't put too much work into it, however, as someone pointed out, we can
always use tkInter with 2.2, and personally, I'm waiting for wxPython
anyway, which will be Carbon only.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov