[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Tkinter support for Carbon - I give up.

Doug Landauer landauer@got.net
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 07:32:28 -0800

At 12:12 PM -0800 2/11/02, Martin Miller wrote:
>Before I cast a vote, can someone tell me if there's an alternative way
>to create Python programs with a portable GUI? "Portable" here meaning
>same things runs on Unix, Carbon MacOS, and 32-bit Windows.

The only solution for that today is Jython & Swing.  I hope wxWindows
and wxPython get there soon, though.

Please edit your responses, don't include the entire digest!

Chris Barke wrote:
>So, the answer is that TK is the only solution that works now,
>but only as well as it does.

Actually, Jython is the only solution that works now, but (to
quote someone) only as well as *it* does.

 -- Doug L.