[Pythonmac-SIG] option #1

Richard Gordon richard@richardgordon.net
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:22:03 -0500

At 11:21 PM +0900 2/12/02, kevin parks wrote:
>i could never get Tk to do diddly sqat on my mac (even when i
>programmed in TCL) so i wouldn't be missing anything probably.
>wxPython is on the horizon. Your time is valuable so i say later Tk,
>& later to classic.

I don't know whether it will be of interest or if it even works, but
I was trying to figure out how to use Java servlets from within Zope
when somebody on the Zope list pointed me at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpe

JPE apparently provides a bridge between CPython and Java and would
let you use Swing for an interface if you don't care to mess around
with Jython. I assume that it would work on a Mac and might provide
another alternative that isn't too widely known (or at least I didn't
know about it).

Richard Gordon
Gordon Design
Web Design/Database Development