[Pythonmac-SIG] Tkinter support for Carbon - I give up.

mac@wooz.org mac@wooz.org
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 01:09:29 -0500

    DL> I've been working on a Jython app, but I'd like to use the
    DL> "email" module, which requires Python 2.2; the latest released
    DL> Jython is at a 2.1 level.

    DL> I did a partial back-port of the email module, transforming
    DL> some of the iterators into separate classes, so that I could
    DL> use it with Jython.  If there's interest and if I don't start
    DL> work soon, I'll complete that port and post it somewhere.

I suggest looking at the mimelib version of the email package, i.e.

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mimelib/

I'm maintaining this as a separate distutils packages specifically for
older Python versions.  The one available in mimelib will work with
Python 2.1 just fine.

Note that version 0.97 is nearly ready and it will have much better
multibyte charset support.  It's untested w/ Jython AFAIK, and for now
you'll need to get it out of cvs (although if you wait a few days,
I'll upload a new version).

-Barry