[Pythonmac-SIG] GUIs and Python

Marcel Prastawa prastawa@cs.unc.edu
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:52:37 -0500

On Friday, February 15, 2002, at 03:24 , Dan Grassi wrote:
> Make the GUI a separate task and reduce the coupling to socket/pipe/SOAP
> connections between Python and the GUI.

I am not sure if this is what you have in mind...

I am using Pyro (Python Remote Objects) for doing distributed computing
and one of the things I did was: execute the GUI loop in one process and
the other stuff in different processes (you could run them on different
machines). The GUI simply performs method calls on the object's proxy,
which looks and feels like an ordinary Python object.

Here's the link:
http://pyro.sourceforge.net

Marcel