[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: dynload_next patch - still waiting for feedback

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 23:02:26 +0100

On Thursday, February 14, 2002, at 01:17  AM, Steven Majewski wrote:
>  My own problems were solved by adding the more specific error
> messages.
> I was happy, as long as my hands were already dirty, to try to fix the
> other reported problems, but I was also happy to let Jack
> resolve issues
> of "policy" .

And it turned out that I could go one of two ways: either use
your undocumented method or add support for
sys.setdlopenflags(). And while I think setdlopenflags() is a
gross hack, it is a hack that is apparently already
well-established, so I think I prefer it over the "borrowed"
function (which also uses an undocumented API, right? Which
means it could stop working at any moment...)
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -