[Pythonmac-SIG] PyEval_InitThreads in MacPython 2.2 - maybe I should rephrase my question

Paul Miller paul@fxtech.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:43:52 -0600

>You must set the right MetroWerks header file (in the C/C++ panel) which
>in your case is probably mwerks_carbonplugin_config.h. This defines
>WITH_THREAD (without the "S", incidentally) and various other essential
>defines. If you build through distutils this is done for you automatically
>(unless you've overridden it).

Hi Jack - this sounds like what needs to be done when building python. I
want to use the Python that comes re-built. I enabled WITH_THREADS manually
when compiling my own code, but it still wouldn't link, because those
functions don't see to be built into PythonCoreCarbon.

No matter though - I'm not REALLY working with threads - I just want to use
multiple interpreters, and I can do that with NewInterpreter,
EndInterpreter, and SwapState.

Cheers,

-Paul

--