[Pythonmac-SIG] 2.2.1 and Waste

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:14:35 +0100

Folks,
I'm about 90% done for 2.2.1, there's one issue left that I want
your feedback on.

I've included the new versions of most toolbox modules, since
they appear fully backward compatible (i.e. I count on you all
to download the 2.2.1 alfa or FC or whatever it's going to be
called) and there's exciting new stuff in there (Carbon scrap
manager, finally, and unicde support for CFStrings, to name two)
and the current version of the IDE uses the new stuff and looks
a lot better on OSX.

One thing that I'm not sure about, however, is Waste. If I could
use the current waste this would mean that enabling waste on OSX
MachoPython would allow you to play with the IDE in MachoPython.
It sort-of runs. But, as Waste is an external package, this may
compromise backward compatibility, and micro-releases are
supposed to be 100% backward compatible. The new waste is
compatible with IDE, so there's really no reason to believe
there will be any problems here, but still: if you use waste
either tell me not to update it, or please make sure to download
the 2.2.1 alfa and test your application.

And if you're going to tell me not to update please do it soon
or you'll be too late:-)
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -