[Pythonmac-SIG] Introduction

macnerd macnerd@dontspam.realmspace.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:09:16 -0800

Hello.

I work as Whitebox Server QA engineer for mail and
wireless technologies.  My hobby is web-technologies
and also the MacOS (and MacOS X), so naturally all
of these interest collide in this area of scripting
langauges.

At work, I am toying with OLE Automation using Perl.
I managed to crash the Outlook 2K OLE Server and
not know how. :-(

I am interested in programming on the Macintosh
and I am also interested in technologies like XML,
SVG, XSLT, and CGI.  The Zope project has caught my
attention.

I am exploring Python to see what I can do with
it.  I am interested in getting it to work for
both Mac OS X and Classic Mac OS.

The WASTE issues seems to be a big problem.  I
briefly researched it.  If WASTE is not supported,
and replaced with something like MLTE, then
System 7 and System 8 is not longer supported any
longer. This would seem like a big waste. :'-(

WASTE seems cool, but I rather that there was
a open source totally freeware, as opposed to
shareware applications. :-\

  - Joaquin