[Pythonmac-SIG] Introduction

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 23:24:56 +0100

On donderdag, februari 28, 2002, at 11:09 , macnerd wrote:
> The WASTE issues seems to be a big problem.  I
> briefly researched it.  If WASTE is not supported,
> and replaced with something like MLTE, then
> System 7 and System 8 is not longer supported any
> longer. This would seem like a big waste. :'-(

Don't worry: waste is now supported in MachoPython (which is the
term we use here for the Mach-O based unix Python running on
OSX, to distinguish it from MacPython, which refers to the
CFM-based PythonInterpreter that runs both on OS9 and OSX). If
you build from the CVS repository you can get the IDE limping
along in MachoPython. And I hope this functionality can be
smuggled into 2.2.1, which is due soon.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -