[Pythonmac-SIG] Thanks for a great year :)

Bob Savage bobsavage@mac.com
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 21:42:11 -0600

My best wishes to everyone in the MacPython community, for the coming new
year.

When I started using Python several years ago, I couldn't have done it
without the community leaders who participated in the development of
MacPython, and in the discussion on this list. Over the years Python has
given me a way to try out my ideas, and create things that pleased me and/or
my boss. As time passed, my success in implementing my ideas in Python
encouraged me to tackle bigger problems, and to test the water in other
languages. I have *always* thought, while using some other language, that
things would be going a lot quicker if I were working in Python, and now
that I have recently been learning another language which starts with 'P', I
also think that, executed in Python, my code would not be so Pig-Ugly.

I'm raising this glass to honor those of you who have cared enough to
participate in the past.

This next year holds great promise for the Python / MacOSX combo. I'm
raising this glass to wish all of us an exciting tomorrow.

Bob Savage