[Pythonmac-SIG] Installing unix Python on OS X...a few details wanted

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 23:26:35 +0100

Educated guesses:

> - Which python should I use? Fink offers one that explicitly excludes X, whic
> h sounds suspicious. So I should use the standard unix distribution? Or perha
> ps a command-line version of fink to get source?

The X-based Tcl/Tk doesn't need X support in Python. So the version
fink offers is probably fine.

> - I already have tcl and tk on my Mac in System:Library:Tcl. So should I also
>  install the fink version or should I skip that and hope Python can find it (
> or configure it to do so)?

I think the latter.
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com>        http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution -- Emma Goldman -