[Pythonmac-SIG] Python RAD tools

Bob Ippolito bob@redivi.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:26:19 -0500

On Monday, January 14, 2002, at 05:12 PM, Kevin Altis wrote:

=snip=

> If you want a Mac-only solution, IB with Python bindings might in fact
> be
> the best choice, I don't know. Obviously, if you want the potential of a
> cross-platform solution, IB is out of the picture.

=snip=

IB's nibs are in XML, no?  Why wouldn't it be possible to write
something to turn IB stuff into GTK, wxWindows, etc descriptions of a
UI?  If the destination thing doesn't have a template system, it could
automagically generate the python or C code to create said interface.  I
wouldn't rule it out entirely.  IB is a powerful tool and would be a
good thing to use until something open and cross-platform is developed
to take its place.  In any case, a conduit to/from IB would be a good
thing anyways.

-bob