[Pythonmac-SIG] rewritten documentation for OSA

bill fancher fancher@pacbell.net
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:03:52 -0800

On Friday, January 18, 2002, at 06:27  AM, Steven Majewski wrote:

> One termonological point: I thought an 'Open Scripting Extension'
> meant something more specifically like what bill fancher
> <bfancher@mac.com>
> is doing -- actually writing an extension for OSA rather than a
> program that uses OSA and AppleEvents.

What I've been working on is actually an OSA component (lives in
"/Library/Components/" in OS X, though though such things did live in
the "Extensions" on earlier system versions.)

On Friday, January 18, 2002, at 09:30  AM, Michael J. Barber wrote:

> Since I'm now expanding the scope of the document a bit, it seems like
> Bill Fancher's OSA Python should be mentioned as well. Unfortunately,
> the link I had to his web page seems to be invalid now. If there is a
> new page for it, I'll gladly add a brief description and relevant
> links. I'll email him and ask.

That page was really old and misleading so I dumped it. Sorry. I'll have
something new up as soon as I get a chance (no telling when that will
be, tied up with 1.0a5 and work for $ at the moment). I'll make an
announcement to the list. If you're interested, contact me privately and
I'll gladly send a copy of the current stuff, which contains the
existing "documentation" and a bunch of example scripts.

--
bill