[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems with urllib?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.nl
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 21:47:21 +0100

On Monday, January 21, 2002, at 06:15  PM, Yair Benita wrote:

> I try to run a simple query using urllib. For example:
>
> import urllib
>
> x=urllib.urlopen("http://www.ebi.ac.uk/cgi-
> bin/emblfetch?db=embl&format=fast
> a&style=raw&id=AB002378")
> print x.read()
>
> It looks like macpython is trying to read x before it is
> finished loading,
> resulting in incomplete files.

The problem is slightly different: MacPython may do short reads
on sockets. I've always maintained that this was correct (which
reasoning was quietly accepted by everyone here), but last year
I finally admitted that it may actually be incorrect (which was
again quietly accepted:-)

Could you please file a sourceforge bug report?

http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -