[Pythonmac-SIG] Carbon Tkinter/Python 2.2

Christopher Smith csmith@blakeschool.org
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 21:23:00 -0600

Hello all,

I'm having problems getting a program I use to be able to run to run under
the new release (2.2) with Carbon/Tk upgrades.

BACKGROUND

The program is recon (a regular expression console) located at

http://erburley.home.netcom.com/recon.py

I have installed the "fourth attempt" PythonCoreCarbon and _tkinter*
library file.

I am using MacOS 8.6.

BEHAVIOR

The script is executed by the interpreter and successfully builds the
console.  However, as soon as I press any key, the cursor appears and the
program does not respond to mouse clicks or typing (you are suppose to be
able to enter text in a couple different text boxes and interact with
check-boxes.

I *was* able to see Hanoi from the Demo folder run successfully, so I know
that it is possible to run a tkinter program.

I am able to run the program under Classic (not Carbon) IDE and the
interpreter on my non-carbon OS 8.5.1 system.

Any ideas about why this is happening?

/c