[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Carbon Tkinter/Python 2.2

Christopher Smith csmith@blakeschool.org
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:52:41 -0600

Jack.Jansen@oratrix.nl writes:
>I can repeat this behaviour, thanks for the good example (nice
>program, by the way!).

Hat's off to author Brent Burley.  (When I was trying to find this
program again I had to search through the tutor archive to try find
the original reference to it.)

I confirmed that the program does work under the classic
configuration under OS 9.2 but not under the Carbon version.

I did notice that under the Classic version a double click is needed
to initially to get the program responding to my mouse, but after
that, everything works fine:  mouse clicks switch me between boxes
and toggle checkboxes.

Under Carbon, as I mentioned, there is no cursor until I press a
key, but after I press a key there is not further response.  I
cannot even get your observed sporadic behavior.  When I did it
tonight, the system froze and I needed to reboot.

/c