[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Carbon Tkinter/Python 2.2

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick@usa.xerox.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:04:06 -0500

> I confirmed that the program does work under the classic
> configuration under OS 9.2 but not under the Carbon version.

> I did notice that under the Classic version a double click is needed
> to initially to get the program responding to my mouse, but after
>that, everything works fine:  mouse clicks switch me between boxes
>and toggle checkboxes.

> Under Carbon, as I mentioned, there is no cursor until I press a
> key, but after I press a key there is not further response.  I
>cannot even get your observed sporadic behavior.  When I did it
> tonight, the system froze and I needed to reboot.

Crazy question...

Are any of you running Multiprocessor systems?

I realize that the MOSX issue was with Multiprocessors, but
I'm just curious if some version of the carbon libraries may also
have issues with multiprocessors?

And what version of the Carbon Libraries are you folks using?

Has anyone tried the most recent release, I believe v1.5?

		- Benjamin