[Pythonmac-SIG] dynload_next

Steven Majewski sdm7g@Virginia.EDU
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 13:26:34 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Marcel Prastawa wrote:

> > The version included in the last post fixes the error reporting -- it
> > has an external message buffer.
>

> Oops, sorry I missed it.
>
> BTW, shouldn't we use snprintf(errMessage, sizeof(errMessage), ...)
> instead of plain sprintf()? Is 400 characters enough? Maybe we need more
> for debugging, 2048? 8192? :) The message could get really long when we
> have tons of undefined symbols.

Yes. Actually there's a PyOS_snprintf that's used elsewhere -- i assume
that supports the same interface where snprintf isn't available. That's
in the next  version.

BTW: Did you acatually test that dynload_next  with VTK ? I would think
that what you describe is similar to the case for the Carbon libs, which
do appear to work. (At least I don't get any errors on loading them --
I'm trying to merge the resources so I can test them more completely.)

Maybe Jack can comment on how the Carbon modules are cross linked now ?

-- Steve