[Pythonmac-SIG] SIOUX Console ( was sys.exit )

Alexandre Parenteau alexp@strata.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:42:28 -0800

> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2001-September/004150.html
>
> I do not know what came of this, nor do I know if anyone has succeeded in
> making it happen.  Alex, have you had any success?

Jon,

Yes the windowless functionality made it inside 2.2. We use it now in our
project. We are guaranteed that the SIOUX window won't appear.

This is in macglue.h of MacPython :

void PyMac_SetConsoleHandler(PyReadHandler stdinH, PyWriteHandler stdoutH,
                 PyWriteHandler stderrH);

[unrelated] Jack, I understand why you put it inside #ifdef USE_GUSI2 but it
forces us to have the GUSI2 header externally, whereas in theory we would
not have to use GUSI in order to use for the Python SDK.

[unrelated] About a SDK, I regret we don't have PEF stub library and a
dedicated folder that we could copy at once to write components. Something
like Python2.2/SDF/Headers, Python2.2/SDF/Headers/Mac,
Python2.2/SDF/Libraries, Python2.2/SDF/Resources.

Thx

Alex.