[Pythonmac-SIG] [Pyobjc-dev] pyobjc 0.6.1 release (fwd)

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@minsky.med.virginia.edu
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 02:29:40 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 02:27:57 -0500 (EST)
From: Steven D. Majewski <sdm7g@minsky.med.virginia.edu>
To: pyobjc-dev@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Pyobjc-dev] pyobjc 0.6.1  release

There is a new release pyobjc-0.6.1 on SourceForge:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pyobjc/pyobjc-0.6.1.tar.gz

which should build and work with Python-2.2

(It includes a redefinition to correct a bug in
   Python-2.2/Include/abstract.h, so you don't need a patched
   version of Python-2.2 )

It includes a Cocoa package with Foundation.py and AppKit.py
 wrappers. ( You can now do "from pyobjc.Foundation import *" )
and a HelloWorld.py program in the Examples folder.

It has one major bugfix and several smaller ones.

Since there is still at least one major bug in this version,
it has some additional support for debugging:

It builds with -g for gdb debugging by default.

If you run Python with '-v' switch, pyobjc will dump a log of
message sends to a /tmp file.

This is not yet the 'New Improved Future Version that fixes
the Type/Class barrier' --   I've run into a few design
questions and I thought it worth exploring some of those issues
with the current model a bit longer.

Is anyone else going to be at Python10 next week?
Maybe we can have a BOF for pyobjc or the state of MacOSX Python?

-- Steve Majewski