[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac and Tkinter

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 10:58:15 +0200

On Monday, July 1, 2002, at 10:38 , shendric@arches.uga.edu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wrote an application in Python and Tkinter for Windows, but I'd like
> to make a version that functions on Mac.  I'm using Mac OS 9.2, but I
> can use Mac OS X, as well.  I installed the latest version of MacPython,
> but I can't get the program to find Tkinter.

Under MacOS 9 with MacPython run the ConfigurePythonClassic applet and
Tkinter will start working. Tk doesn't work under the newer Carbon
execution model, and probably never will.

Under Mac OS X you can use Tkinter with the normal unix Python (not with
MacPython), but you have to do all the building and installing yourself.
Look through the pythonmac-sig archives for details.
> --
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -