[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac sit files

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 16:02:58 +0200

On Monday, July 8, 2002, at 03:01 , Guy Flowers wrote:

> Hi
>
> Quick question,
>
> I've been looking at the zip module in python, I was wondering if there
> is
> some
> code of some sort, anywhere that could do the same but in a mac sit
> file.

.sit files use a proprietary encoding. Last time I checked (which was,
admittedly, many years ago) the scheme was either unpublished or
copyright-protected or some such, and no third-party decoders were
available.

You could probably wrap the stuffit engine (which is allowed, I assume),
I'll gladly accept contributed code,
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -