[Pythonmac-SIG] Advice for GUI app on Mac & Windows

Sung Kim skim@adobe.com
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:46:26 -0700

Hi,

I'm considering using Python to write a cross-platform API tester (a GUI
app). I have already created glue libraries on Windows and Mac (so that
our Python script can access C APIs in question). Fyi, on the Mac, the C
APIs live in a carbon-compliant shared library. Are there reasons why
Python would or would not be a good solution for this?

If Python is a good solution, any advice on which Python
modules/libraries to use would be appreciated as well. One of the
benefits of Python is "write-once for Mac and Windows" but I'm having a
hard time finding a GUI solution that'll work on both platforms. Thank
you!

--Sung H. Kim