[Pythonmac-SIG] Extensions for static versus frame

Michael J. Barber mjb@uma.pt
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:01:18 +0100

On Wednesday, July 17, 2002, at 12:12  AM, Tony Lownds wrote:

>> There will be a new program /Applications/Python Launcher.app,
>> modelled after Java's Applet Launcher (hmm, maybe it should go into
>> Utilities?).
>
> I'd vote for a /Applications/Python folder (consistent with MacPython,
> and PythonWin)

This is also consistent with how Apple handled Script Runner by placing
it in /Applications/AppleScript along with Script Editor and
ScriptMenu.menu. I hadn't particularly liked that approach before, but
after considering the possibility of other programming tools in a
parallel structure, it now makes a lot of sense to me.

Wherever they go, the idea behind the tools sounds great!