[Pythonmac-SIG] Extensions for static versus frame

Tony Lownds tony@lownds.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:58:34 -0700

At 11:18 PM +0200 7/17/02, Jack Jansen wrote:
>On woensdag, juli 17, 2002, at 07:27 , Ronald Oussoren wrote:
>>I like the idea. You could add something like the code below to
>>a 'sitecustomize.py' somewhere on the default search-path:
>And I think it's probably best if the Python installer didn't put
>this straight in sitecustomize.py, but in stead put it somewhere in
>Mac/Lib (addosxlibpath.py?) and suggest people add the single line
>"import addosxlibpath" to their sitecustomize.py.

Putting the actual code in a separate module sounds like a good plan,
but why not have the Python installer provide this behavior by
default? It's much less valuable if newbies have to learn Python path
manipulation tricks before getting a nice environment.

BTW, you can put "import addosxlibpath" in a .pth file too.

-Tony