[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems with Python and SAX on OS X

Matt Patterson matt@reprocessed.org
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:40:24 +0100

List people (blind cross-posted to python-mac and python-XML),

Having just installed unix python on Mac OS X via Fink I tried to run one of my
beginner XML scripts from my Mac and not my Debian box. The scripts work fine on
the debian box but crash out with a segmentation fault on the OS X box, which is
kind of irritating.

The crash happens when I call the parser at the end of:

from xml.sax import make_parser

saxparser = make_parser()
saxparser.setContentHandler(cHandler)
saxparser.parse(sys.stdin)

I've been able to figure out that the crash happens when saxparser.parse is
called (by inserting print statements after each of the calls involving
saxparser... crude, but informative enough for my abilities).

I'm using python 2.2.1 (Python 2.2 (#1, Apr 17 2002, 17:13:51) according to the
interpreter) on Mac OS X 10.1.5 with Fink 0.4 binary distribution.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks,

Matt

--