[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [Python-Dev] Added platform-specific directories to sys.path

Frans H. Schippers F.Schippers@inter.NL.net
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 21:17:14 +0200

>Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com> writes:
>
>> I sympathize with the idea of making things more conform to the
>> platform standard, on the other hand I'm a bit reluctant to do things
>> differently again from what other Pythons do. But, one of the things
>> that is sorely missing from Python is a standard place to install
>> per-user extension modules, so this might well be the thing that
>> triggers inclusion of such functionality into the grand scheme of
>> things (including distutils support, etc).
>
>If that is the platform convention, I see no problem following
>it. Windows already does things differently from Unix, by using the
>registry to compute sys.path.

Thas also my opion.

Frans
--
X|support bv             mailto:xsupport@inter.nl.net
Bezoek Adres:            Mollerusweg 150
                         2031 BZ Haarlem
			 tel: +31 23 5 317 519
			 fax: +31 23 5 424 282
			 mbl: +31 653 650 806
Post Adres:              Grote Beer 189
                         1188 AZ Amstelveen
Btw:			 NL-807284324B01
KvK:                     33301359
Bank:                    ING Amstelveen 6533.74.208