[Pythonmac-SIG] Extensions for static versus frame

Tony Lownds tony@lownds.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:38:24 -0700

At 6:44 PM +0200 7/24/02, Just van Rossum wrote:
>Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
>>  I'd really hate to not have readline-like functionality because of a
>>  silly licensing issue.
>
>Me too. An interactive Python interpreter in a terminal window is more or less
>useless without readline.

Me three.

It seems to me that the people who would care are those who want to
distribute their own code using BuildApplication. They can simply
remove readline.so in that case. Or am I missing something obvious?

A readline-alternative not yet mentioned is Michael Hudson's Pyrepl,
which is way cool:

http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/hacks/pyrepl.html

-Tony