[Pythonmac-SIG] Rank beginner question...

Bruce Johnson johnson@pharmacy.arizona.edu
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:38:30 -0700

Hmmm...this is clearly a much higher level list than what I need...and
on the newsgroup everyone sends Mac questions here, but I'll ask.

Is it possible to get a Mac OSX version of Python running that will work
on the command line without using Fink? All I've got is a 56k connection
to the network, which pretty much rules out fink if I want to do
anything but download stuff all the time.

I've downloaded the python22_tkinter.tgz from
http://tony.lownds.com/macosx/ and installed it, using the instructions
for the python2.1 version, that is I untarred it in /usr/local

I end up with a Python application in my Home/Applications folder that
when run from the desktop merely bounced a few times and goes away.