[Pythonmac-SIG] Somewhere in between fink python and Macpython?

Zachery Bir zbir@urbanape.com
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 16:07:51 -0400

Hey, all. Been doing mostly command-line stuff with Python, and I'm
trying to get Casey Duncan's zopeedit.py working as a recognizable
target for Mac OS X browsers (Moz and IE in particular). I've
stripped out the win32 stuff in an attempt to get down to basics,
and I've gotten to the point where I can build a double-clickable
application with the Macpython build. However, I had to rewrite
some of the code, since it would fail creating a temp file with a
name longer than 32 characters (Carbon limitation?), and now it
breaks being unable to call os.spawnvp. I've Googled for info on
spawnvp equivs in the Macpython distribution, but to no avail. Any
pointers?

Thanks,

Zac