[Pythonmac-SIG] Need to hand-compile expat on OS X? (Fwd: [XML-SIG] Strange install issue)

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
29 Jul 2002 10:48:32 +0100

Dinu Gherman <gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de> writes:

> Jack Jansen:
>
> > This is fixed in 2.3a0: Python now simply includes the relevant
> > parts of expat.
>
> But when? If it's still a configure/compile-time option when
> building Python itself, it's hard to ship an expat executable
> or its source without writing a long install readme and not
> scare people of from compiling the Python interpreter. This
> is, of course, true only for "typical" Mac users who probably
> never run a compiler.

Huh?  It all gets built by setup.py like everything else.

> If it was a wrapper module in the standard library or one I
> could put in site-packages, great, but I think this is not
> the case.

Wrong!

Cheers,
M.

--
  Or here's an even simpler indicator of how much C++ sucks: Print
  out the C++ Public Review Document.  Have someone  hold it about