[Pythonmac-SIG] Update feature of BuildApplet - does anyone use it?

lists lists@netelligent.biz
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:21:39 +0200

On Sunday, June 9, 2002, at 11:13 , Jack Jansen wrote:

> Does anyone use the update feature of BuildApplet? This is the
> feature that you can drop an existing applet (of a previous
> version of Python, for instance) on BuildApplet, and it will
> convert it to the current version of Python.
>
> I'm asking because (a) I suspect that it doesn't work, and hasn't
> worked for a long time and (b) it complicates the code, so I want
> to get rid of it.

It's been a year or so since I've used the buildApplet (since I've
switched to machopython?) and even back then when I used it a lot
to "compile" CGIs I never used the update feature. In fact I'd
confess that I did not even know it exists :-). If I knew it
existed I would have used it quite a lot. But since I manage to do
without you can get rid of it AFAIC.

= tmk =