[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: EditPythonPrefs

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:48:20 +0200

On Thursday, June 6, 2002, at 11:18 , Jacek Artymiak wrote:
> I have encountered a problem with MacPython 2.2.1 that I seem unable to
> solve on my own.
>
> The machine I am trying to install MacPython on has 192MB RAM and two
> disk partitions, one for Mac OS 9 and another for Mac OS X. I try to
> install MacPython under  Mac OS X, all goes well, I run
> ConfigurePythonClassic, nothing wrong here either.  But when I run
> EditPythonPrefs, after I click on the OK button, the dialog disappears,
> as would be expected, but the preferences are not changed to new
> values.  What could be wrong?

I tried this on a machine with a similar setup (OS9 and OSX on separate
partitions) and I have no problem. I tried both changing sys.path and
changing one of the startup options, and everything worked fine.

Unless I get more reports of this I'm inclined to think it's something
with your setup (maybe you're logged in as a user who somehow doesn't
have permission to write in the OS9 system folder?).
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -