[Pythonmac-SIG] newbie process question about building MachoPython

Daniel Brotsky dev@brotsky.com
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 02:43:29 -0700

(Please forgive me if the answer to this question should have been
obvious: I'm quite new to building the CVS tree from scratch.)

I've been having trouble building MachoPython CVS head on OS 10.1.5
(latest released devtools).  I use the fink environment for most of my
unixy stuff, and so set CPPFLAGS to -I/sw/include and LDFLAGS to
-L/sw/lib.  Building has been giving errors linking the Parser module
(can't find library dl) and also compiling some other modules (can't
find header dl<something>).  I believe I've found the two problems in
Makefile.pre.in underlying the failures--

1. The PGEN build line doesn't add $(LDFLAGS)

2. The CPPFLAGS and CFLAGS defines don't include @CPPFLAGS@ and @CFLAGS@.

--and I've prepared a context-diff patch that fixes those problems.

So now comes the process question:

1. Should I submit a bug in sourceforge?

2. Should I submit the patch in sourceforge?

I know that the python.org culture page says the answers to 1 and 2 are
yes, but I wanted to check first given that this is kind of a Mac-y
thing rather than a general thing.

Thanks in advance for gentle responses.

     dan