[Pythonmac-SIG] RPy and libR.dylib

Gerry Brush gbrush@darwin.sfbr.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:13:15 -0600

Walter Moreira has just announced a Python interface
http://www.cmat.edu.uy/~walterm/rpy to the R (gnu S) statistical
package.  When I try to import it using mach-o python I get the
following error.  I don't know if this is a Python or and R question,
but does anyone know how I can make this work?  It would be very handy
to have the R statistical library available to my Python code.  Thanks.

Gerry

For example:

mac28.gbrush: ~ {131} python
Python 2.2 (#1, Mar  6 2002, 11:40:22)
[GCC 2.95.2 19991024 (release)] on darwin
 >>> import rpy
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File "/sw/lib/python2.2/site-packages/rpy.py", line 23, in ?
     from _rpy import *  # If this fails, you need to compile the C
extension
ImportError: dyld: python multiple definitions of symbol _main
python definition of _main
libR.dylib(system.lo) definition of _main
Failure linking new module