[Pythonmac-SIG] Another (probably) stupid questio

Chris Barker Chris.Barker@noaa.gov
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:32:24 -0800

Marcel Prastawa wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Chris Lee wrote:
> > I have just upgraded to a G4 processor machine and I am about to do a
> > make/install of Macho python.  I just have one question does the
> > configure file recognize the G4 and set compiler options to optimize for
> > the it?
>
> I don't think that Python has any G4-specific optimizations (Altivec).
> Maybe sometime in the future...

Probably correct, but you can use native BLAS libraries with the
LinearAlgebra package that comes with NumPy, so depending on what you
need, you might get some help there.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov