[ot] Mcmillian's tools, was (RE: [Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [HELP!] PC L ine Endings? Batch file replacement)

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick@usa.xerox.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 07:46:22 -0500

I just had to throw this in, when I saw this comment... >g<

> The code to do it right is not as trivial as I thought when I first
> started to write it, but then I found a converter on the net that I
> believe was written by Gordan McMillian. He used the tokenize module to
> do the heavy lifting, and this guarantees that it is does the way the
> Python interpreter would do it. I've enclosed it with this email. You
> should be able to do a quick cut & paste of some of this code into your
> utility, and have what you want.
>
> Note that this code allows convertion to mixed tabs and spaces...please
> don't allow that option in your version!

Just a quick note, I've been using Gordon's McMillian's installer package,
for
ages....

I highly recommend his tools, and he's been extremely helpful when I've had
questions regarding his software, and/or bug fixes....

			- Benjamin