[Pythonmac-SIG] Question about AppleScript on OSX

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 23:55:06 +0100

Folks,
I hope someone here can point me in the right direction. On OSX
it seems that the OSA resources of OS9 and earlier (the AETE and
AEUT resources) have been replaced by a much nicer mechanism:
plist-style files with extensions .scriptSuite (defines the
4-letter codes and parameter types and such for events and
classes) and .scriptTerminology (defines the english verb names
and descriptions used in AppleScript).

All very nice, but there's one bit I can't find, and that's how
the direct object of the verbs is defined. For instance,
NSCoreSuite.scriptSuite has the the standard stuff, but if you
look at the "open" verb then it doesn't have it's direct object
defined anywhere. But if you look at it through Project Builder
"open dictionary" the direct object type is listed as "list of
aliases".

Any clues on where I should look? Any pointers to documentation
of these files?
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -