[Pythonmac-SIG] Help with compiling Mac C extension

Louis M. Pecora pecora@anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:37:14 -0500

RE:   QDRotate.ppc.slb  extension used with Piddle graphics for QuickDraw text rotation.

The Piddle package has an extension (above named) to help with text rotation in the drawstring routine.  This because QD does not rotate text on its own.  The latest version of Python that I installed (2.2) complains that the extension QDRotate.ppc.slb is for a previous version of Python.  I have the original QDrotate code so I tried compiling it with the latest PythonCore.  I've done this before and I had it working in older Pythons but in 2.2 I get a compile error that the Codewarrior project can't find Carbon/Carbonlib.h or other things like that when I try to compile the QDRotate module.  If I define a C variable (compile option WITHOUT_FRAMES) to avoid that include and use what appears to be older Mac stuff, I get several arcane errors that leave me puzzled (things like "numbers beyond range" in other headers).

Do you know anything about this?  I am trying to compile this in Classic mode on my G3 with system 9.1.

Thanks for any help.

--

Cheers,

Lou Pecora