[Pythonmac-SIG] Getting Piddle to work with Python 2.2

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:40:19 +0100

On maandag, maart 25, 2002, at 10:16 , Louis M. Pecora wrote:
> I have returned to Python after a year away (old version 1.52 on a Mac
> using sys 9.1).=A0 I upgraded to Python 2.2 and got messages that=20
> my old
> version of Piddle was deprecated.=A0 I downloaded the latest=20
> version and
> am stuck.=A0 After searching the documentation I cannot find how=20
> install it other than the statment in=A0 the README.txt that says=20
> type in=A0
> python setup.py install=A0 and go.

Double-clicking setup.py should do the trick. You'll get a=20
dialog to create the equivalent of the unix command line. Put=20
"install" there (either through the popup menu or by typing it=20
in). But: this will only work if you have CodeWarrior Pro 7,=20
assuming piddle includes C code. If it is pure Python you don't=20
need CodeWarrior. With CW Pro 6 it will work after some manual=20
fiddling of the .mcp files, or after downloading and installing=20
the "CW Pro 6 developer patch" from=20
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython.html.
> --
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com>       =20
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --=20
Emma Goldman -