[Pythonmac-SIG] Getting an image into Piddle

Louis M. Pecora pecora@anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:39:14 -0500

I see that Piddle can display images (the .drawImage(image, x1, y1, [x2], [y2]) method).  The image appears to be a PIL-compatible file.

SO...how does one generate such an image?

Let me give an example.   I have a 2D data array of numbers representing intensity (keep it grey scale for now, say 0.0=white, 1.0= black, in between are shades of grey).   How do I generate an image (say, halftone plot)?

Any help appreciated as always. Thanks.

-- Lou Pecora

P.S. I've looked at the PIL info and it's really not clear.