[Pythonmac-SIG] Tkinter for Carbon timetable?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 22:47:17 +0100

On vrijdag, maart 29, 2002, at 07:30 , Daniel T. wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone knew when Tkinter will working
> in Carbon?

It's not going to happen. At least: unless anyone else wants to
spend time on this. I hacked at it for a couple of weeks (with
debugging help from the whole SIG) and I just can't get it to
work.

>  Is there any way to use Tkinter in OS X? Does it work using
> the unix version (no X11) for example?

Yes, Tkinter works fine with AquaTk in MachoPython (how's that
for buzzwords:-). Somewhere in the pythonmac-sig archives you'll
find a set of instructions for how to get it to work.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -