[Pythonmac-SIG] New Python IDE for OS X

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sun, 12 May 2002 22:36:02 +0200

On zondag, mei 12, 2002, at 05:39 , Tony Lownds wrote:

> t 3:09 PM -0400 5/11/02, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>> I'm 99% sure that it does run *natively* in OS X.  The caveat
>> is that it's developed using a bunch of CodeWarrior/Carbon
>> specific stuff and doesn't look like it's going to make it
>> into machopython anytime soon (possibly anytime at all).
>>

> Hm, I could be wrong, but Python IDE only needs WASTE which IS
> available on OS X , and further, MachoPython's setup.py will
> build against WASTE.

Completely correct. If you build from CVS you can build a fully
functional Python IDE with MachoPython. If you build from 2.2.1,
however, the procedure seems to work, but you get an IDE that
uses Macintosh-style \r newlines, which isn't very helpful in a
MachoPython environment.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -