[Pythonmac-SIG] Using custom DLOGs with EasyDialogs

ang blank blhscomputerprogramming@yahoo.com
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 07:46:35 -0800 (PST)

I would like to know where I am supposed to put custom
DLOG resources so they can be called by EasyDialogs.
I would also like to know where I can find the correct
item numbers for the items within the DLOG.

I would imagine that I could copy the appropriate DLOG
from the Python Core and modify it and give it a
different ID number.  My only problem, I think, is
that I don't know where to put my modified DLOG
resource.

I have tried putting it into an applet, but it will
just throw this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Macintosh HD:Desktop Folder:EasyDialogs", line
5, in ?
    EasyDialogs.Message('EasyDialogs.Message in
action', id=512, ok='OK!')
  File "Macintosh HD:Applications (Mac OS 9):Python
2.2.1:Mac:Lib:EasyDialogs.py", line 55, in Message
    h = d.GetDialogItemAsControl(2)
MacOS.Error: (-30596, 'errItemNotControl')

If I try putting the DLOG into a script file, the
output window will say

Can't get DLOG resource with id = 512

Thank you for your help.