[Pythonmac-SIG] question about event handlers

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:40:10 +0100

On Wednesday, Nov 13, 2002, at 02:59 Europe/Amsterdam, Alexandre
Parenteau wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> I would think polling aggressively, but on a timer basis, for the mouse
> location (and then finding the underlying window) is probably the most
> appropriate way to achieve a smooth mouse move handling.

Another problem may be that the MacPython event loop is in your way
(Python uses a classical WaitNextEvent()-style mainloop in the inner
interpreter, to handle clicks on other windows, command-., etc.). Try
disabling the Python event handling code by calling
MacOS.SchedParams(0, 0).
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -