[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [MACTCL] Re: Building tcl/tk 8.4 aqua

Alexandre Parenteau aparente@adobe.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:45:13 -0800

Hi,

> be having the same problem. After all we all have a single interpreter
> that is sometimes used from command-line scripting, sometimes for GUI
> programming.

Oh yeah... That's why I've been struggling with wxMacPython for some time,
because of some events disappearing. And you seem to say the command line
start-up messes up it all.

It looks like a bug, may be Apple is ignoring the problem because they don't
deliver a script that kicks an interface (but don't they distribute tcl/tk,
huh ?).

They need absolutely to know this is central feature for scripting and
terminals. All script on Win and Unix have this ability to potentially kick
in an interface. I fail to even understand the need to use yet another
function API to allow that to happen.

Alex.