[Pythonmac-SIG] Error trying to run extension

Kevin Ollivier kevino@tulane.edu
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:58:12 -0800

I've been working on building wxPython for MacPython 2.2.2 using
distutils, and I have got the software building without errors. The
libraries are created, and all the necessary files are put into
Applications/MacPython 2.2.2/Lib/site-packages/wxPython. However, when
I try to run a wxPython script, I get the following message:

"Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions
detected."

To build the extension, I downloaded the compiled MacPython 2.2.2 and
installed it, then downloaded the GUSI2 and MacPython source, and
copied the downloaded files into the Applications/MacPython 2.2.2/
directory relative to where the PythonInterpreter was looking for them.
(Include, Mac/Include, GUSI2) What am I doing wrong here?

Many thanks for any help you can give! I did a Google on this error
message and came up with nothing so I'm wondering if I've done
something quite unique. ^_^;

Kevin