[Pythonmac-SIG] Another build question: ssl?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 23:43:26 +0100

On vrijdag, nov 22, 2002, at 20:08 Europe/Amsterdam, Dan Wolfe wrote:

> 2) Is there any reason in particular that fine_file() function returns
> a directory if found on the additional paths parameter? None of the
> setup.py uses of it seem to make any usage of the additional
> information - some - like the lzip library and find_module_name() for
> example just seem to reconstruct the path... from a distutil newbie's
> perspective, it seems like this is a latent bug just waiting to happen
> because a directory was return instead of a path to the file... of
> course it could just be that it then includes the entire directory
> instead....

This could have been designed in this way with runtime loader search
paths in mind. On MacOSX this doesn't make a difference (if you give
the full pathname to the linker it'll find the file at runtime) but it
may be different on other platforms.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -